At ReEstablish Richmond, we connect refugees to life-building tools and resources, helping their transition to be a positive and empowering experience. We work in collaboration with resettlement agencies, government services, faith communities and volunteers. We are committed to creating greater opportunities for refugees in Richmond by enabling access to services that benefit their future.
- Language Skills:
- Connect refugees to low or no cost ESL/ESOL classes and English conversation practice.
- Employment Development:
- Refer refugees to local employers for career advancement or new jobs.
- Education Opportunities:
- Partner with three local colleges and universities for educational opportunities for refugees.
- Bus Orientations:
- Teach refugees how to use GRTC to travel between home, work or school, and nearby shopping.
- Learner's Permit Classes:
- Prepare refugees to take the Learner's Permit test at the DMV – the biggest obstacle to transportation independence.
- Behind-the-Wheel Driving:
- Through generous donations, award scholarships to refugees to get practical driving experience with certified, local driving schools.
- Engage the energized and motivated citizens of Richmond to invest their time and resources in welcoming and supporting our newest neighbors.
- Faith Communities:
- Facilitate networking with refugees by hosting classes, welcome lunches, and other diverse community events.
- World Refugee Day:
- Annually host and coordinate over 30 specialized vendors to provide employment, health, immigration, safety, and transportation services to over 80 newly arrived refugee families.