At ReEstablish Richmond, we connect refugees to life-building tools and resources, helping their transition to be a positive and empowering experience. We work in collaboration with resettlement agencies, government services, faith communities and volunteers. We are committed to creating greater opportunities for refugees in Richmond by enabling access to services that benefit their future.
- Language Skills:
Connect refugees to low or no cost ESL/ESOL classes and English conversation.
- Employment Development:
- Support refugees to advance professionally, develop employable skills, and connect to job opportunities through the use of volunteer mentors and community partner referrals.
- Education Opportunities:
- Partner with three local colleges and universities for educational opportunities for refugees.
Teach refugees how to use GRTC to travel between home, work or school, and nearby shopping.
Learner's Permit Classes:
Prepare refugees to take the Learner's Permit test at the DMV – the biggest obstacle to transportation independence.
Behind-the-Wheel Referrals & Scholarships:
Through generous donations, award scholarships to refugees to get practical driving experience with certified, local driving schools.
- Recruit, train, and match dedicated Richmond citizens to serve refugees and provide agency support to ReEstablish Richmond.
- Faith Communities:
- Increase access to vital resources and build meaningful connections with refugees by hosting classes, welcome lunches, and other diverse community events.
- World Refugee Day:
- Annually host and coordinate over 30 specialized vendors to provide employment, health, immigration, safety, and transportation services to over 80 newly arrived refugee families.